Wednesday 3 February 2016

LO3: How I made my website

To make my website I used a service called c9.io. c9.io hosts a WordPress account that you can access all of the individual files from. This allowed me to edit the .css files of the website easily and gave me full customisation over my website. It allowed me to change the colours of individual pieces of the different widgets, as originally they were all different colours that did not match the colour scheme of the site.

Here is a screenshot of the c9.io IDE that allowed me to edit the .css files of the site:
This IDE was really easy to use and gave me access to layers of customisation that I may have never found myself if I was not using this site.

There were also two other ways of editing my site while actually on the WordPress client hosted by c9.io. I could customise the content of the different sections of my homepage using the customise option on WordPress:


I also had access to the WordPress admin page that allowed me to change the settings of all the plugins and themes that I used on my site. This was the main feature that I used as it was where I could add more pages to my site, for blog posts and also for products.


Using these three tools I was able to make my website. I used a starting theme from the WordPress selection, Zerif Lite, and customised it so that it worked with the overall colour scheme of Small Machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment