Saturday 28 May 2016

LO4: User Testing

I gave a short test to a few different users who used a multitude of different Operating Systems and Web Browsers. This test covered basic website navigation and external links, page load times and the consistency of my house style. Here are the results:






Navigation

To test the navigation of my website I asked the users to try and reach different pages of my website by using the navigational tools provided to them on the site. This allowed me to test if all of my internal and external hyperlinks worked and if the site was simple to navigate for a new user. 

Internal and External Hyperlinks

To test the internal and external hyperlinks on my website I included a test for all of the different internal and external links. This made sure that every individual link was test across the website and ensured that there were no hyperlinks that didn't work or linked to incorrect pages.

Page Load Times

In order to test the load times of pages on my site I asked the users to give a general response on the page load times. This was part of the user testing and was a simple question of if the users experienced any load times that they considered too long. I then made sure that the users were on a variety of different browsers on different operating systems and devices to check if the load times were consistent across all platforms.

Performance of the Website

Similar to the page load times section I made the users test my site using different operating systems and browsers in order to see if my website performed well. The user then put at the bottom of their testing sheet which operating system and browser that they used.

Consistency of House Style

For a business' website to look professional it needs a consistent house style across all of its pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment